The agreement below is a legal agreement between Point Action Services and all our customers. If you use any service provided by or affiliated with Point Action Services, you are legally bound by this agreement. Read it carefully before signing up and ensure that you understand and agree to all parts. Use of our services implies agreement with this contract!
Any questions regarding this agreement should be sent to Point Action Services sales department prior to signing up for service.
THIS AGREEMENT (Agreement) is made and effective as of the date of acceptance, by and between you (Client) and Point Action Services
WHEREAS Point Action Services owns, distributes, and provides various products and services for conducting business on the Internet including web hosting, cPanel licensing, and the Point Action Services family of services (hereinafter collectively referred to as the Services).
WHEREAS Client desires to utilize some or all the Services to develop, enhance or maintain Clients business and/or presence on the Internet.
NOW THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual promises set forth herein, the parties hereto agree as follows:
Point Action Services
- Point Action Services agrees to provide to Client the Services agreed upon between Point Action Services and Client as selected by Client in Point Action Services
PAYMENT AND INVOICING
- In consideration of the performance of the Services, Client shall pay Point Action Services monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually in advance the amount set forth in Point Action Services customer database as such records are amended from time to time for the Services during the term of this Agreement.
- Client shall receive a confirmation letter via e-mail at the time Client contracts for the Services, which shall confirm the fees payable to Point Action Services Thereafter, Client shall receive a monthly billing statement for the upcoming month. The monthly billing statement shall indicate any changes in fees, which fees shall become effective upon thirty (30) days’ notice as set forth in Section 2.4 herein.
- Client is responsible for all activities and charges resulting from Clients use of the Services. Client agrees to pay all fees, bandwidth charges, connect time charges, surcharges, and other charges incurred by Client and set forth in the monthly billing statement. Client acknowledges that no refunds will be given by Point Action Services if Clients account is terminated by Point Action Services or Client mid-term. In the event of a breach of security, Client will remain liable for any unauthorized use of the Services until Client notifies Point Action Services by sending an e-mail with account information.
- Current rates for using the Services may be obtained on our web site. Point Action Services reserves the right to change fees, surcharges, monthly membership fees or to institute new fees at any time. In addition, Point Action Services may institute special trial offers, from time to time, that shall be reflected in the confirmation letter sent to Client upon sign up. If Point Action Services does not receive the full amount of Clients Service account balance within thirty (30) days of invoice date, a late charge equal to 1.5% per month or highest amount allowed by law per month will be added to Clients bill and shall be due and payable. Client shall also be responsible for all attorney and collection fees arising from Point Action Services efforts to collect any unpaid balance of Clients account(s), and Point Action Services may terminate Clients account immediately without further notice to Client.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND RIGHTS OF Point Action Services
- Means of Performance. Point Action Services shall provide Client with the Point Action Services, as described here to. Point Action Services has the right to control and direct the means, manner, and method by which the host services are performed.
- Point Action Services shall provide a reasonable level of technical support to Client via email or Web page for the term of this Agreement.
- Other Work. Point Action Services has the right to perform and license products to others during the term of this Agreement. Point Action Services may elect to electronically monitor the host services and may disclose any content or records to satisfy any law, regulation, or other governmental request or to properly operate host services and protect its Clients. Point Action Services reserves the right to block any site hosted by Point Action Services that contains any content that Point Action Services deems in its sole discretion to be unacceptable or undesirable.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND RIGHTS OF CLIENT
- Client represents and warrants that (i) Client is at least eighteen (18) years of age, (ii) Client possesses the legal right and ability to enter into this Agreement, and (iii) the performance of Clients obligations and use of the Services by Client, its customers and users, will not violate any applicable laws, regulations or the rules and regulations or cause a breach of any agreement with any third parties or unreasonably interfere with other Point Action Services Clients use of Services. Client assumes all risks related to processing of transactions related to electronic commerce. Client agrees to provide Point Action Services with accurate, complete and updated information required by the registration of the Point Action Services host service (Client Registration Data), including Clients legal name, address, telephone number(s), and applicable payment data (e.g., credit card number and expiration date). Client agrees to notify Point Action Services within thirty (30) days of any changes in Clients Registration Data.
- Breach of Warranties. In the event of the breach of any of the foregoing warranties, in addition to any other remedies available at law or in equity, Point Action Services will have the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate immediately any Services.
- Fees and Expenses. Client shall be responsible for payment of all costs, fees and expenses assessed by third parties in the course of being provided Services. Such costs include, but are not limited to, the fees required to register and maintain domain names, which is governed by a separate agreement between Client and a third-party domain name registrar.
- Third-Party Software. Third-party software available through the Services may be governed by separate end user licenses. By using the Services and the third-party software, Client agrees to be bound by the terms of such end user licenses regarding the applicable third-party software. Client consents and authorizes Point Action Services to delegate the authorizations Client provides to Point Action Services to its third-party service provider(s) as Point Action Services deems necessary or desirable to provide the applicable Services. Client agrees that the terms and conditions of this Agreement, including any of the other terms, conditions, warranty disclaimers and liability disclaimers incorporated into this Agreement, inure to the benefit of such third party service providers and such third party service providers are deemed to be third party beneficiaries of the Agreement, including any other terms, conditions, warranty disclaimers and liability disclaimers incorporated into this Agreement. Client also agrees that all reference to Point Action Services within this Agreement and any incorporated terms are also deemed to include, where applicable, Point Action Services agents, such as the third-party service providers.
- Advertising, Solicitation, and Client Name Harvesting. Client may not use the Services to send unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation to the Point Action Services clients or other Internet users unless Client receives the express permission of such individuals. Client may not use the means of unsolicited advertising to advertise a site hosted on the Point Action Services network. Client may not use the Services to collect or harvest usernames of Point Action Services clients or other Internet users without the expressed prior permission of the member. Point Action Services reserves the right to block or filter mass email solicitations sent from sites hosted on the Point Action Services network.
- Management of Site. Client shall be solely responsible for all content available on or through its site, and shall at all times be subject to the terms of this Agreement, Point Action Services then-standard Terms of Service (TERMS OF SERVICES) and any generally applicable guidelines and service standards published by Point Action Services Client warrants that its site hosted on the Point Action Services network (i) will conform to the Point Action Services TERMS OF SERVICES attached hereto as Exhibit A; (ii) will not infringe and will not contain any content that infringes on or violates any copyright, U.S. patent or any other third-party right; and (iii) will not contain any content which violates any applicable law, rule or regulation. Point Action Services shall have no obligations with respect to the content available on or through any site hosted on the Point Action Services network, including, but not limited to, any duty to review or monitor any such content. Point Action Services reserves the right to block any site that violates any of the above-stated terms, or which in Point Action Services sole discretion, Point Action Services deems objectionable or offensive, or otherwise violates a law or Point Action Services policy, or, in the alternative, to terminate this Agreement in accordance with Section 7.3 herein.
- Compliance Laws. Client agrees that it will use the Services only for lawful purposes and in accordance with this Agreement. Client will always comply with all applicable laws and regulations and the TERMS OF SERVICES, as updated by Point Action Services from time to time. The TERMS OF SERVICES are incorporated herein and made a part hereof by this reference. Point Action Services may change the TERMS OF SERVICES, with notice, which notice may be provided by posting such new TERMS OF SERVICES at the Point Action Services Site. Client may request a current copy of the TERMS OF SERVICES by sending or faxing a request to Point Action Services Client agrees that it has received, read, and understands the current version of the TERMS OF SERVICES.
- Proprietary Rights. Unless otherwise specified, all work performed hereunder, is the property of Point Action Services, and all title and interest therein shall vest in Point Action Services To the extent that title to any such works may not, by operation of law, vest in Point Action Services all rights, title and interest therein are hereby irrevocably assigned to Point Action Services All such materials shall belong exclusively to Point Action Services, and Point Action Services shall have the right to obtain and to hold in its own name, copyrights, trademarks, registrations, or such other protection as may be appropriate to the subject matter; and any extensions and renewals thereof. Client agrees to give Point Action Services and any person designated by Point Action Services such reasonable assistance, at Point Action Services expense, as is required to perfect the rights defined in this paragraph.
- Marketing Rights. Client agrees that Point Action Services may refer to Client or Clients business in Point Action Services marketing materials, the Point Action Services website, and communication to Point Action Services current and prospective clients. Client grants Point Action Services a limited license and permission to use any Client trade name and/or trademark for such, and only for such, purposes.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, NO OTHER WARRANTY AND DISCLAIMER
- If any limited guarantees are provided by Point Action Services, such limited guarantees are null and void if Client fails to follow Point Action Services TERMS OF SERVICES and other policies or otherwise breaches this Agreement in any respect.
- No Other Warranty. Point Action Services does not monitor or exercise control over the content of the information transmitted through its facilities. Use of the Services or any information that may be obtained there from is at Clients own risk. The Services are provided on an as is basis, and Clients use of the Services is at its own risk. Except as provided in the order form(s), Point Action Services does not make, and hereby disclaims, any and all other express and/or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement and title, and any warranties arising from a course of dealing, usage, or trade practice. Point Action Services does not represent or warrant that the Services will be uninterrupted, error-free, or completely secure.
- Disclaimer of Actions Caused by and/or Under the Control of Third Parties. Point Action Services does not and cannot control the flow of information to or from Point Action Services network and other portions of the Internet. Such flow depends in large part on the performance of the Internet services provided or controlled by third parties. At times, actions, or inactions of such third parties may impair or disrupt Clients connections to the Internet (or portions thereof). Point Action Services cannot guarantee that such events will not occur. Accordingly, Point Action Services disclaims all liability resulting from or related to such events.
- Client agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Point Action Services and its affiliates, agents, employees, and licensors (including the third party service providers) harmless from any and all claim, demand, loss, costs or expense, including attorney’s fees, made by any person arising out of Clients violation of this Agreement, State or Federal Securities laws or regulations, or any other persons rights including but not limited to infringement of any copyright or violation of any proprietary or privacy right.
- Under no circumstances, including but not limited to a negligent act, will Point Action Services or its affiliates, agents, employees, or licensors (including third party service providers) be liable for any damages of any kind that result from the use of, or the inability to use, Services, even if any such party has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- In no event will Point Action Services or its third party service providers be liable to Client or any third Party for any tort, contract or any other liability arising in connection with the use of the Services, or reliance on any information or services provided by Point Action Services Point Action Services and its third party service providers will under no circumstances be liable to Client and/or any third party, regardless of the form of action, for any loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, or any direct, indirect, special, consequential, incidental or punitive damages whatsoever, even if Point Action Services or its third party service providers has been advised of the possibility of such damages, resulting from: (i) the use of the inability to use the Services; (ii) the timeliness, deletion, miss delivery, or failure to store any user date, communications or personalization settings; (iii) the cost of getting substitute goods and services resulting from any products, data, information or services purchases or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into, through or from the Services; (iv) statements or conduct of anyone on the Services; (vi) the use, inability to use, unauthorized use, performance or non-performance of any third party, even if the third party has been advised previously of the possibility of such damages; or (vii) any other matter relating to the Services. Client agrees that Client will not in any way hold Point Action Services responsible for any selection or retention of, or the acts or omissions of, third parties (including third party service providers) in connection with the Client Services.
- Because some states prohibit the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states the limitation of liability only with respect to consequential or incidental damages may not apply to Client, and the respective liability of Point Action Services and its third party service providers, employees, distributors and agents is limited to the greatest extent allowable under applicable law in those states.
- In the event that a court or arbitration panel, as the case may be, should hold that the limitations of liability or remedies available as set forth in this Agreement, or any portions thereof, are unenforceable for any reason, or that any of Clients remedies under this Agreement fail, then Client expressly agrees that under no circumstances will the total, aggregate liability of Point Action Services and its third party service providers, employees, distributors, agents or affiliates, to Client or any party claiming by or through Client for any cause whatsoever exceed $100 (U.S.), regardless of the form of action and whether in contract, statute, tort or otherwise.
- Without Cause. This Agreement may be terminated by either party at any time during any Renewal Term for any or no reason upon either party giving to the other no less than (30) days prior written notice of termination. No matter which party terminates the Agreement pursuant to this Section
- Any and all payment obligations of Client under this Agreement for Service(s) provided through the date of termination will immediately become due, and Client shall be required to prepay for any portion of the Services that have not been paid for and are to be rendered during such (30) days period.
- For Cause. In addition to any other rights it may have under this Agreement or applicable law, Point Action Services may immediately terminate this Agreement or suspend service, effective without notice, in the event of (i) a default in payment, or (ii) Clients breach or failure to comply with the TERMS OF SERVICES or other policies of Point Action Services Client may terminate this Agreement if Point Action Services breaches any material term or written notice of same. If this Agreement is terminated by Point Action Services under this Section 7.2, all balance of the then current term shall immediately become due and payable. In addition to the foregoing, Point Action Services reserves the right to prohibit any conduct or to remove any materials or content in violation of the TERMS OF SERVICES or which Point Action Services believes in its sole discretion to be illegal or potentially harmful to others or may expose Point Action Services to harm or liability.
- No Liability for Termination. Neither party will be liable to the other for any termination or expiration of any Services of this Agreement in accordance with its terms.
- The following provisions will survive any expiration or termination of the Agreement: Section 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8.
- IP Address. Upon expiration, cancellation or termination of this Agreement, Client shall relinquish any Internet protocol (IP) numbers, address or address blocks assigned to Client by Point Action Services or its network services supplier (but not the URL or top level domain connected therewith). Point Action Services reserves, in its sole discretion, the right to change or remove all such IP numbers addresses or address blocks.
- Client may not assign this Agreement or any of Clients rights or obligations hereunder without the prior written consent of Point Action Services, and any such attempted assignment shall be void. This Agreement shall be binding upon the party’s respective successors and permitted assigns.
- Any notices or communication under this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be deemed delivered to the party receiving such communication via email.
- Governing Law. This Agreement, and all future agreements Client may enter with Point Action Services, unless otherwise indicated on such other agreement, will be governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to conflicts of law principles thereof. This is the case regardless of whether you reside or transact business with Point Action Services in California or elsewhere. Unless a dispute would be governed by an applicable arbitration clause, Client agrees to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the County of Contra Costa, California. If any part of the Agreement is unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- No modifications, amendment, supplement to or waiver of this Agreement or any exhibit hereunder, or any of their provisions shall be binding upon the parties hereto unless made in writing and duly signed by both parties.
- A failure of either party to exercise any right provided for herein shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any right hereunder.
- In the event any one or more of the provisions of the Agreement or any exhibit is invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the enforceability of remaining provisions shall be unimpaired.
- Force Majeure. Point Action Services and its affiliates, agents, employees, or licensors (including third party service providers) shall not be liable for failure to perform any obligation under this Agreement if such failure is caused by the occurrence of any contingency beyond the reasonable control of such party, including without limitation, fire, flood, strike, and other industrial disturbance, failure to transport, accident, ware, riot, insurrection, act of God or order of governmental agency. Performance shall be resumed as soon as possible after cessation of such cause. However, if such inability to perform continues for fifteen (15) days, the other party may terminate this Agreement without penalty and without further notice.
- Independent Contractors. The parties to this Agreement are independent contractors. Neither party is an agent, representative, or partner of the other party. Neither party shall have any right, power, or authority to enter into any agreement for or on behalf of, or incur any obligation or liability of, or to otherwise bind, the other party. This Agreement shall not be interpreted or construed to create an association, agency, joint venture, or partnership between the parties or to impose any liability attributable to such a relationship upon either party.
- TERMS OF SERVICES. Client agrees to be bound by Point Action Services TERMS OF SERVICES for all Services and products used by Client. The current TERMS OF SERVICES can be found on Point Action Services website at http://www.pointaction.com. Should Client disagree with any updates to Point Action Services TERMS OF SERVICES, it is Clients responsibility to notify Point Action Services of Clients desire to terminate their Services immediately.
- Implied Agreement. CONTINUED USE OF THE SERVICES AND/OR PRODUCTS CONSTITUTES IMPLIED AGREEMENT WITH THIS AGREEMENT AND Point Action Services TERMS OF SERVICES IN THEIR ENTIRETY. BY USING THE SERVICES, CLIENT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY ALL TERMS ASSOCIATED WITH SAID SERVICES, INCLUDING THIS AGREMEENT AND THE TERMS OF SERVICES.
- Clients ONLY RECOURSE IN THE EVENT OF A DISAGREEMENT IS TO TERMINATE THIS CONTACT IMMEDIATELY IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 7 HEREIN.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement and the exhibits reference herein, sets forth the entire agreement, and supersedes all prior agreements of the parties with respect to the transactions set forth herein. Neither party shall be bound by, and each party specifically objects to, any term, conditions or other provisions which are different from or in which is proffered by the other party in any correspondence or other document, unless the party to be bound thereby specifically agrees to such provision in writing.
- No Party Deemed Drafter. If any provision hereof is construed by a court of law or equity or an arbitrator, no provision herein shall be construed more harshly against either party as drafter.